Welcome, please take a moment to review our new website
Teachers: Get Involved Organizations: Join Us Donate Now
Get Involved: Teacher Signup
All DC public and chartered public school students deserve a high quality education and the Renew, Revitalize and Reorganize (RRR) plan proposed by Mayor Fenty and Chancellor Rhee purports to “offer students rich, quality educational opportunities across the city.”
Rich, quality education includes the arts.
- The arts create a dynamic environment that supports a well-rounded learning experience.
- The arts enhance students’ problem solving, critical thinking, comprehension, retention of knowledge, and social skills.
Arts education is about equity.
- All DC public and chartered public school students deserve access to the area’s rich arts and cultural resources.
- Children in families who are struggling economically depend upon public and chartered public schools as the primary source for obtaining the broad knowledge base that is expected in high quality education.
Learning in and through the arts benefits communities.
- As a city with a rich landscape of arts and culture, DC’s institutions play a major role in the local creative economy and are in a strong position to focus attention on the importance of arts education in the DCPS.
- As community stakeholders, member organizations need to continue forging partnerships with public schools to ensure all students have access to the arts.
- The arts allow residents of the community to explore and enjoy their local cultural heritage and become active supporters of preserving and enhancing existing programs and services.
DC Collaborative is a grassroots, community-based membership organization that promotes quality arts and humanities education for all DC public and chartered public schools for the growth of the whole child.
The Power of Membership.
Members have the collective power to raise awareness and demand a rich, quality education that includes the arts for every child in their community. Here are a few things you can do:
- Include information about your work in public schools in your internal and external communications.
- Let Mayor Fenty and Chancellor Rhee know that arts education is a key component of the quality education every student deserves.
Expand the Collaborative
- Encourage other arts and community-based organizations to join the DC Collaborative.
- Contact us today to see how you can get more involved. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-204-7750.